Results 1 to 10 of 19
26th December 2011, 11:06 PM #1
TTS Vocalizer voices (also Dutch, Italian and German)
TomTom on the iPhone uses Vocalizer voices (in many languages). I modified these voices to make them work on a PND. This way, besides US English, Spanish and French speaking people, also Dutch, German and Italian speaking people are able to use TTS on their 32MB RAM devices. (The US English, Spanish and French Vocalizer voices are already available for a long time.)
UPDATE 4/11/2013: I have removed all files as they were taken offline for legal reasons. I'm not re-uploading any files, and only instructions will remain listed in this post. Sorry.
[!] Please install only one computer voice at a time, otherwise some voices will possibly remain silent.
[!] There are several people having problems with strange pronunciation of streetnames (or some strange words just before the streetname). This is a known problem and, so far, there is one solution: Use any NC8 or NC 9.024. Two other - possible - solutions are: 1. Deselect the 'Read aloud foreign street names' option in the 'Voice preferences' menu and 2. Go in the menu and tick 'Change Map' and then reselect the same map. I hope this may help people who have this problem.
1. Download the .rar file.
2. In the .rar file there is a folder, rename that folder to VocalizerTTS
3. Put that VocalizerTTS folder in the root of your TT, or in the root of your SD-card.
4a. If you have a TT with the official NavCore installed and your TT officially supports TTS, go to step 5.
4b. If you have a TT with the official NavCore installed and your TT does not officially support TTS, you need to install one of the SE NavCores. After that, go to step 4c.
4c. If you have an SE NavCore, make sure there is no 'ttsoff' line in the setconfig.txt file.
5. Select the TTS voice in the voice settings on your TT.
Please let me know when some voice is not working or if you have other questions.
[Login or Register to remove this advertisement]
- (3/2/2010) Re-uploaded the Serena voice because it was not working (the voice remained silent).
- (4/2/2010) Added English US Samantha voice.
- (27/2/2010) Added instructions
- (2/3/2010) Fixed the instructions (they were wrong).
- (5/11/2010) Added a fix for Dutch users
- (17/12/2010) Some pronunciation improvements have been made to the Serena voice. Re-uploaded the voice.
- (26/10/2011) Reuploaded all voices.
- (28/11/2011) Added a Dutch female voice: Claire
- (04/11/2013) Removed all links due to legal reasonsMegalos Reviewed by Megalos on . TTS Vocalizer voices (also Dutch, Italian and German) TomTom on the iPhone uses Vocalizer voices (in many languages). I modified these voices to make them work on a PND. This way, besides US English, Spanish and French speaking people, also Dutch, German and Italian speaking people are able to use TTS on their 32MB RAM devices. (The US English, Spanish and French Vocalizer voices are already available for a long time.) UPDATE 4/11/2013: I have removed all files as they were taken offline for legal reasons. I'm not re-uploading any files, and Rating: 5
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Megalos For This Useful Post:
- [ Click To Expand ]
aigleron6 (15th December 2013), argusfan (29th March 2017), chris547 (15th April 2012), coukou (10th May 2013), gpjb (18th June 2019), John Mulder (1st April 2019), jsa72 (13th November 2018), Knoerten1 (6th November 2016), meijer (24th February 2015), riet jans (23rd September 2019), serci (4th May 2017), The Smoker (24th January 2016), warlock (4th August 2018)
26th December 2011, 11:12 PM #2
For the Dutch users who have the Xander and/or Claire voice, I have some news. I discovered that when Xander says: "Houd links/rechts aan", the word "aan" is actually pronounced as "an". The solve this problem, you can overwrite the \VocalizerTTS\dun\speech\components\rex_dun.dat file with the rex_dun.dat file in the attachment.
28th January 2012, 01:37 PM #3
Can you please re-up Serena, thank you
28th January 2012, 07:49 PM #4GPS Contributor
28th January 2012, 09:22 PM #5
I am a newbi here, i am now on the official navcore for the One IQ Edition, computer voices are blanked out on TTHome
28th January 2012, 09:30 PM #6GPS Contributor
thats the reason you cannot use in first place ( did see yer previous requests )
its not supported
maybe try one of the SE versions , or , learn to live with normal voices
28th January 2012, 09:38 PM #7TomTom Master
Join Date : Dec 2011Location : LithuaniaPosts : 585Thanks: 61
- 637 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (1021)
mega died - so all uploaded Vocalizer voices dead...
28th January 2012, 09:42 PM #8GPS Contributor
28th January 2012, 09:53 PM #9
Tx basfit, i wilkl try some SE Navcore's
If someone have Serena voice please share
23rd March 2012, 06:12 PM #10Join Date : Feb 2012Location : FrancePosts : 100Thanks: 65
- 21 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (34)
I'm looking for a French Female - Juliette or Virginie
By PeterHimself in forum TomTom Models ListingReplies: 12Last Post: 30th June 2020, 03:10 PM
By mixmusic in forum iGO VoicesReplies: 19Last Post: 22nd March 2020, 12:18 PM
By poshea in forum TomTom VoicesReplies: 3Last Post: 6th January 2019, 11:54 PM
By zervdim in forum iGO VoicesReplies: 11Last Post: 9th December 2018, 10:19 PM
By daniele57 in forum TomTom VoicesReplies: 10Last Post: 16th December 2013, 11:49 AM