Results 1 to 3 of 3
3rd January 2018, 07:56 PM #1
Various questions for tomtom maps and speed camera
[Login or Register to remove this advertisement]
I did a few research I am unsure about a few things.
I managed to activate some older maps for this>
DeviceName=TomTom GO LIVE
DeviceVersionHW=GO 750 LIVE
Size 1955MB, Free 746MB
I could not install the latest maps *or version Europe_1000_8681 *approx 4GB. I finally manage the above but I have questions>
1) Is that mandatory to put the map on the root of the device? In this case there's not enough space to put them. I do have a 4GB micro SD card, but did not have sufficient space either. I used fastActivate from root, but I also copied it in the SD card root and attempted to patch maps from there with no success. How are we supposed to do with devices with little storage?
2) I downloaded the speedcamera updates from here, the tomtom ones. Apparently its required to extract them inside the maps folder. It did not appear to work. I did read the forum and somewhere it says that its normal as they are not POI but integrated and will be visible from the maps. Can someone show me the link to the clear instructions like download the .rar, extract all content to your map folder, boot the device...and steps to verify.
3) I could not load the maps Europe_1000_8681, the device was saying error. Yet, according to the graphic of compatibility, with that 750GO device, all maps version should be ok, no?
Many thanks!wcmsrkcf@sharkl Reviewed by wcmsrkcf@sharkl on . Various questions for tomtom maps and speed camera Hi all, Thanks for all the good work, faq... I did a few research I am unsure about a few things. I managed to activate some older maps for this> ttgo.bif: DeviceName=TomTom GO LIVE DeviceVersionHW=GO 750 LIVE Rating: 5
3rd January 2018, 09:52 PM #2Join Date : May 2014Location : UKPosts : 369Thanks: 947
- 2,041 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (254)
1. Yes, you can put maps onto the SD card but you must put a copy of ttgo.bif from the internal drive onto the root of the SD card as well.
Buy a bigger SD card if you need the extra space...or download a smaller map
2. You're correct about the SpeedCams being inside the map and not showing up as a POI.
Once the map & SpeedCams are activated...plan a journey where you know there is a SpeedCam en route, then run the trip in demo mode to confirm it's working.
3. The error is because the map is not activated yet or the system isn't patched...FastActivate options 2 & 3
4th January 2018, 02:58 AM #3
1) So the process for a 4GB map which is too big for the device is too put fast activate in the root, run options 1 to 4.
Then put the map on the SD card, copy fastactivate on SD card and run options 1 to 4 again? *I know not all options would be required but im trying to find a simple clear process.
Yes I tried with a 32GB card but then it was not working, maybe due to the bad operation I made with not copying the ttgo.bif.
2) In that demo mode I did not see a speedcam. I copied all files from the rar containing tomtom speedcam from the extracted directory to the folder with the maps, like EURopexxx on the device root. No subfolder, nothing. Then, from the internal device fast activate, run option 2 to activate the speedcams. Then unplugged and tested in demo mode. No cams. Maybe there is no cam on that 80KM journey but its unlikely.
So to confirm this process is correct, right? Unless I neededto run 1 to 4 again?
3) Thats strange but something might have been wrong during that attempt because I actually activated the earlier maps without problems. What I listed above is working and was activated this week. What failed was this new maps. Probably a failure again due to ttgo.bif.
Thanks for the clarifications, I think mostly I was missing to copy the ttgo.bif.