Results 1 to 7 of 7
8th December 2016, 08:30 PM #1
Garmin GPS60 series Setup
Set GPS mode to normal
There are several modes your GPS can run under: Normal, Battery Saver, GPS Off and Demo. It is important that you have the GPS set to "Normal" while mapping, as this setting updates your location most frequently, and your points will be more accurate than in Battery Saver mode.
To set your GPS to normal mode:
1. Power on your GPS
2. Press MENU to get to the main menu screen (you may need to press MENU twice to quickly get to the menu screen)
[Login or Register to remove this advertisement]
3. Navigate down to "Setup" and press ENTR
4. Press ENTR while the "System" icon is highlighted
5. Make sure that it says "Normal" beneath the "GPS" heading (at the top). If it doesn't, press ENTR while the "GPS" heading is highlighted and then select "Normal" and press ENTR again.
6. Press PAGE or QUIT to exit the system menu.journeyx Reviewed by journeyx on . Garmin GPS60 series Setup http://i.imgur.com/u6QfZTt.jpg Set GPS mode to normal There are several modes your GPS can run under: Normal, Battery Saver, GPS Off and Demo. It is important that you have the GPS set to "Normal" while mapping, as this setting updates your location most frequently, and your points will be more accurate than in Battery Saver mode. To set your GPS to normal mode: 1. Power on your GPS 2. Press MENU to get to the main menu screen (you may need to press MENU twice to quickly Rating: 5
8th December 2016, 08:32 PM #2
Set track recording mode
The track recording method should be set to "Auto" and "Wrap when full" must be turned off.
To set the track recording mode steps:
1. Press MENU twice to enter the main menu.
2. Using the rocker pad, make sure that "Tracks" is selected and press ENTR.
3. Using the rocker pad, press downwards to highlight "Setup" and press ENTR.
4. If "Wrap When Full" has a tick next to it, while "Wrap When Full" is highlighted, press ENTR to remove the tick.
5. Make sure that "Record Method" is set to "Auto". If it is not, use the rocker pad to highlight the setting, press ENTR. Using the rocker pad highlight "Auto" then press ENTR again.
6. Press QUIT twice to get back to the main menu.
8th December 2016, 08:32 PM #3
Clearing the Memory
Before you start mapping a farm, you need to clear the GPSs memory. This means that no previously saved track logs or waypoints will be loaded onto your computer, which could be confusing when it comes to drawing your fields.
Clear entire memory
The easiest way to get started is to clear the entire memory at once:
1. Press the PAGE button until the trip computer page shows up (the page that shows your speed, elevation, odometer, etc)
2. Press MENU
3. With "Reset" highlighted, pres ENTR
4. Using the rocker pad, navigate to "Select All" then press ENTR
5. Using the rocker pad, navigate down to "Apply" then press ENTR
6. Select "OK" then press ENTR.
7. The memory is now clear and you can go straight to section 3 "Recording points"
8th December 2016, 08:32 PM #4
Clear the Track Log
1.Press MENU twice to get to the main menu.
2.Using the rocker pad, navigate to ‘Tracks’, press ENTR.
3.Select ‘Clear’ and press ENTR.
4.When the confirmation dialog box comes up, use the rocker to highlight ‘Yes’ and press ENTR.
5.Your track log will now be cleared.
8th December 2016, 08:33 PM #5
Delete individual saved tracks
If you are not still in the Tracks menu from the step above;
1.Press the MENU button to show the main menu page.
2.Press ENTR on the ‘Tracks’ icon
Then follow these steps to delete each individual saved track:
3.Using the rocker pad, press down to highlight the track you wish to delete
4.Press ENTR on the highlighted track you wish to delete
5.Using the rocker pad, highlight ‘Delete’ and press ENTR.
8th December 2016, 08:33 PM #6
This will delete ALL waypoints from your GPS. You should have downloaded any points you want to keep to your PC, as waypoints will not be recoverable after they have been deleted. To remove all waypoints:
1.Press FIND to show the waypoints menu page
2.With ‘Waypoints’ highlighted press ENTR
3.Press MENU then using the rocker pad scroll down to ‘Delete’ and press ENTR
4.Select ‘All symbols’ and then press ENTR
5.Highlight ‘Yes’ and then press ENTR
8th December 2016, 08:33 PM #7
Recording Waypoints (or angle post)
If you notice that the GPS is “Searching the Sky” or has located less than 3 satellites, the GPS will not triangulate your location or record your point accurately.
1.While holding the GPS over the post, push the MARK Button.
(Tip: we recommend that you hold the GPS over the post for several seconds before touching the MARK Button which will give a more accurate position.)
2.Then select OK to save. The waypoint numbers will increment automatically each time you save a new waypoint.
Or if it is a special feature that you want to remember later on toggle to the icon name ie.001. Select the ‘Enter’ button and rename.