Results 1 to 2 of 2
6th March 2011, 03:22 PM #1Special Member
Senior PosterJoin Date : Jan 2011Location : Testing..Posts : 156Thanks: 211
- 220 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (2731)
PoiEdit (manage all of your pois )(v184.108.40.206 - 2008/09/01)PoiEdit (manage all of your pois )
PoiEdit is a program that manages all of your poi (places of interest) files from your desktop PC and saves/loads them to/from your Mobile Device.
PoiEdit also enables you to download a vast range of poi files from the most uses poi sides in e.g. the UK, Netherlands, France.
The version of PoiEdit )(v220.127.116.11 - 2008/09/01)is released. This release fixes the dreaded TomTom bug where all the category names were being mangled
How to edit poi files with PoiEdit?
To create a new poi file:
Use menu File|New or the New button on the toolbar. PoiEdit will open a new window with a map pane on the left (if it was not hidden previously) and an empty pane on the right. The right side pane is where the poi's in your new file will be listed. To a new poi to your new file use menu Edit|Insert or the Insert button just above the poi list. After you insert a poi, you can edit it's name in the text input controls above the list. For the coordinates you can use either decimal or degree notation. You can also set the coordinates by setting the map pane in "position mode" (click on the crosshair button) and then click the desired position on the map. To delete poi's from the file, use menu Edit|Delete or the Delete button above the poi list. When you are done creating the poi file, you can save it either on you computer by using File|Save or File|Save As... or to your Mobile Device by using File|Save Remote... You have a number of format in which you can save you poi files, which one you choose depends on your needs. For example, to save a poi file for usage in TomTom Navigator, you will select TomTom Binary or TomTom Itinerary as the file type, while Garmin users will use the Garmin Comma Separated or GPX eXchange Format.
To edit an existing file:
Open the file by either double clicking it (only works if it is a file type registered to open with PoiEdit), by dragging it in the PoiEdit windows or by opening it in PoiEdit itself using menu File|Open or File|Open Remote... PoiEdit tries to detect the format of the file according to its filename extension. If this doesn't work, it will ask you to select the proper file format and tries again. After you finished editing the file, you can overwrite it using menu File|Save, or you can save it to another file by using menu File|Save As.
a list of all the features that PoiEdit offers.
• Open and save poi files in different formats (click here to show the list of formats). You can even open and save poi files directly on you ActiveSync device. • • Windows integration: drag and drop poi files from Windows, or open poi files in PoiEdit just by double-clicking them.
• Edit the coordinates and description of poi locations. Coordinates can be entered by hand or by clicking on the integrated map pane. Coordinates can be edited in the DMS as well as in the decimal format. Cut, copy and paste commands are available. Drag and drop poi locations between PoiEdit windows.
• Edit the description of multiple poi locations at once.
• Find duplicate poi locations. You can specify the which distance is used to determine if two pois are duplicates. .
• Reorder poi locations by dragging and dropping. Sort poi's by description, longitude or latitude.
• Integrated map pane which you can use to enter locations and to select poi locations. The map pane can display image based maps, MapPoint maps and Google Maps (Google Maps can only be used if you have Internet Explorer 6 or higher available). You can add your own maps or download maps from the maps page. Map image formats supported: bmp, jpg, gif, wmf.
• Open poi locations on the MapQuest, Streetmap.co.uk of ACME Mapper sites or in Microsoft MapPoint 2004, just by doubleclicking a poi location within PoiEdit. • Open poi locaties direct in de MapQuest, Streetmap.co.uk or ACME Mapper sites of in Microsoft MapPoint 2004, door er op te dubbelklikken in PoiEdit.
• Update poi's from different poi sites around the world. Click here to show the list of supported sites. This list also shows you if the poi sites are up-and-running according to the systems of Dnote Software, and show's you new poi sites which you can add to PoiEdit manually. Pois can be updated in any supported file format, regardless of the file format the site uses. You can setup the poi's to update from the comprehensive AutoUpdate Manager or from the easy-to-use AutoUpdate Wizard.
• Update poi's from poi sites automatically, whenever you connect your ActiveSync or other generic USB device or drive to your desktop PC.
• You can let PoiEdit launch any application automatically after it has finished synchronizing the poi files. This makes it possible to start and application which f.i. imports the updated poi's onto a GPS device.
[Login or Register to remove this advertisement]
• The PoiEdit update engine can also be fully controlled via command-line parameters, allowing you to e.g. use PoiEdit in the Windows Scheduler to periodically update your poi's.
• Any website owner can plugin to the update engine of PoiEdit. The documentation which contains all the information is installed with PoiEdit (Site Xml Format Manual.xml).
• Pocket PoiEdit can be installed on your Windows Mobile or PocketPC device, in order to update the poi's from the poi sites without connecting the device to your desktop computer, so even on the road, if you have a device that can remotely connect to the internet.
• Integrated batchconverter which allows you to convert multiple poi files at once into another format (or even multiple formats), or to concatenate multiple poi files together.
• Startup screen so that you can quickly choose frequently used actions immediately after starting PoiEdit.
• PoiEdit automatically checks for updates available from the PoiEdit website.
• PoiEdit can be installed as a portable application.
• PoiEdit is available in English, Dutch, Spanish, French and Italian.
Although PoiEdit can be downloaded and used for freeMobile_Guru Reviewed by Mobile_Guru on . PoiEdit (manage all of your pois )(v18.104.22.168 - 2008/09/01) PoiEdit (manage all of your pois ) http://www.poiedit.com/images/screens.gif PoiEdit is a program that manages all of your poi (places of interest) files from your desktop PC and saves/loads them to/from your Mobile Device. PoiEdit also enables you to download a vast range of poi files from the most uses poi sides in e.g. the UK, Netherlands, France. The version of PoiEdit )(v22.214.171.124 - 2008/09/01)is released. This release fixes the dreaded TomTom bug where all the category names Rating: 5
25th September 2019, 06:46 PM #2Join Date : Sep 2019Location : United StatesPosts : 1Thanks: 0
- 0 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (10)
PoiEdit manage all of your pois v5 2 0 212 2008/09/01
You are not right. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM.
By bigade1 in forum TomTom Open Tools & TweaksReplies: 3Last Post: 21st May 2019, 07:54 PM
By dth1982 in forum Navigon GPS SystemsReplies: 1Last Post: 8th December 2014, 01:38 PM
By biggerdave in forum TomTom Open Tools & TweaksReplies: 0Last Post: 6th December 2013, 07:56 PM
By Downunder35m in forum TomTom Open Tools & TweaksReplies: 1Last Post: 28th January 2013, 01:19 AM