Results 1 to 10 of 34
20th October 2013, 04:43 PM #1Premium Member
Clean Install - How to install the latest map and navcore from scratch!
This tutorial is for TomTom standalone devices only - not WinCE or PDA devices. In addition, if your device was made anytime from September 2010 onwards, (for eg. the GO 1000 series, GO LIVE 800 series, Start 20 series and all VIA models) it cannot be updated this way, as mentioned here:
[Login or Register to remove this advertisement]
Before proceeding with this tutorial, if your device has a card slot and you normally use the card, insert it now. As long as the card is inserted, it won't affect the internal memory (if your device has internal memory).
Follow these steps precisely and you will have updated software, as good as new!
1) VERY IMPORTANT: Connect your device to your computer via USB. Using Windows Explorer, open your TomTom drive and backup the complete contents of your TomTom.
2) Open your TomTom drive and delete the contents.
3) Install the latest version of TomTom Home from the TomTom website.
4) Run TomTom Home. Depending on your model, if Home asks you whether to use internal memory or the card, select the card.
5) Go to updates and download the latest navcore. Restart TomTom Home and run updates several times until no more updates are available.
6) Unplug your TomTom device. Start your TomTom on its own. This will create a new ttgo.bif file which will be needed for patching later.
7) Reconnect your TomTom to your computer.
8) Check your navcore version. You can do this either in TomTom Home or by opening the ttgo.bif file with notepad.
9) Run TomTom Home on your computer and go to the "Operate" function. This may be called "Operate My TomTom" or "Operate My Go" or similar, depending on your model. Download a file if asked. You may get an error message after doing so, just ignore it. The purpose of running the Operate function in Home at this stage is to create the .dll profile needed for patching later.
10) Shut down TomTom Home.
11) Check which map is compatible with your navcore using the latest compatibility chart:
12) Download the compatible map, but first make sure the meta is available.
For v895 Australia maps, download the 895.4438 IQ map for navcores 9.01x or higher, or the 895.4436 basic map for all navcores:
13) Extract the map, and copy across the new map folder into the root of the device. Make sure when you open the map folder it only contains the map files, not another folder within a folder.
14) Copy across the Voices folder from your backup into the root of the device. Or you can download free voices from TomTom Home.
15) Download the latest version of FastActivate:
- Look for the latest version in the most recent posts.
16) Extract the file and copy across FastActivate.exe to the TomTom drive (the root of the device).
17) Run FastActivate.exe from the TomTom drive, clicking on all 3 options in order, waiting for each to complete: activate maps/cams, patch navcore & Home.
18) Disconnect your TomTom from the computer and power it on.
Thanks to lemonfish for your help.antenna Reviewed by antenna on . Clean Install - How to install the latest map and navcore from scratch! This tutorial is for TomTom standalone devices only - not WinCE or PDA devices. In addition, if your device was made anytime from September 2010 onwards, (for eg. the GO 1000 series, GO LIVE 800 series, Start 20 series and all VIA models) it cannot be updated this way, as mentioned here: Before proceeding with this tutorial, if your device has a card slot and you normally use the card, insert it now. As long as the card is inserted, it won't affect the internal memory (if your device has Rating: 5
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to antenna For This Useful Post:
- [ Click To Expand ]
21st October 2013, 02:38 PM #2
WHY ARE YOU POSTING TUTORIALS WHICH ARE ALREADY HERE?
PS. Sorry for caps everyone.
22nd October 2013, 04:02 PM #3Premium Member
my fault didnt do homework sorry will miss lunch today for being a naughty boy
22nd October 2013, 07:01 PM #4Join Date : Oct 2013Location : PortugalPosts : 8Thanks: 1
- 2 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (10)
I love your tutorial.
Can you do one for TOMTOM XL LIVE?
24th October 2013, 03:38 PM #5
26th October 2013, 02:33 AM #6
27th October 2013, 05:58 PM #7
Then imagine a subforum with each topic copied for example 5 or 6 times by different posters with only some words in difference ...
27th October 2013, 08:02 PM #8
again, sorry, no problem, especially on a site that encourages participation (10 posts)....maybe it's the 5th one that has one direction different than the others that works for the reader....after all, we know how fickle these GPS devices are, and they're not always the same for each user.
30th October 2013, 02:21 PM #9
Thanks that helped me sort out my satnav issues locking up intermitantly.
18th November 2013, 06:45 PM #10Join Date : May 2013Location : europePosts : 10Thanks: 0
- 5 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (10)
thanks for the tutorial!!!
By bmnota in forum Garmin DiscussionsReplies: 7Last Post: 23rd June 2018, 09:48 PM
By b22c in forum TomTom DiscussionsReplies: 16Last Post: 5th February 2015, 09:49 PM
By QUIN1965 in forum TomTom Tutorials & FAQReplies: 0Last Post: 9th December 2014, 12:29 AM
By lemonfish in forum TomTom Tutorials & FAQReplies: 0Last Post: 29th December 2011, 04:49 AM
By HULK in forum Garmin TutorialsReplies: 0Last Post: 18th June 2011, 10:57 AM