Results 1 to 7 of 7
3rd June 2012, 10:22 PM #1
GO 700 and navcore 9.4xx
Trying to keep the old GO 700 operational, I have tested Navcore 9.4xx on it. This GO 700 was equipped with 8 GB CF card, which replaced HDD drive.
[Login or Register to remove this advertisement]
First, the complete backup was made.
There were tested versions: DSA 9.400 for GO, SE 9.400 for GO, DSA 9.405, DSA 9.430 for GO, SE 9.430 for GO.
Bootloader was changed into 5.5256 and was the same for all tests. Loquendo and ASR files were present.
For SE versions the appropriate switches were added. The selected emulation was ONE IQ.
Maps for tests were Western and Central Europe 890.4222 and D-A-CH – Eastern Europe.890.4222. Maps were activated for this model.
In each test, the navcore was copied to the empty CF card, then one map and bootloader was added. After this the TomTom memory clean tool was activated and TomTom GO 700 was switched on.
The first startup took rather very long time for all versions of NC. Memory was cleaned (the grey screen with yellow edge on the right vertical edge) and GO started. In the beginning 700 reacted relatively slowly for tapping the screen (1...1, 5 sec) but later reacted practically immediately. Next start took 3…5 sec.
The 700 worked normally with smaller map (DACH-EE), POIs could be activated as usual.
When the 700 was connected to the PC, it started after very long time with PC starting screen but normally. The CF card was seen as external drive. Such long reaction was observed every time where the 700 was connected to the PC. Disconnection was performed without significant delays.
For DSA versions the skin changer was located on the last page of the menu. For change simply tap on the "Skin Chooser" was required. Then the calibration should be done properly. Next the emu could be selected with the arrows and confirmed with a double tap in the center of the screen.
In some NC version was located in a very strange place. It was in the map corrections/correct a map error/ last page. The automatic power off option when external power is out - is active
Usually the 700 had 15 – 16 MB free memory.
When second map was added (or was installed as single one – WCE) in the beginning the 700 started normally (as it was mentioned with long starting time). It was observed leaking memory: in the beginning it was 8 MB, but after couple of seconds it went to less then 5 MB. It was very strange symptom for the 64 MB device.
In the first connection to PC the 700 acted as external drive, but when was disconnected it always hung up. After the pinhole reset it stayed in the permanent resetting loop. Removal of mapsetting.cfg, settings.dat was not helpful. But when the big was map deleted and only DACH-EE was active, the TT started to work without problems.
In this moment it works with 9.430 GO version with DACH-EE map.
Any new infos and comments are welcome.jtbili Reviewed by jtbili on . GO 700 and navcore 9.4xx Trying to keep the old GO 700 operational, I have tested Navcore 9.4xx on it. This GO 700 was equipped with 8 GB CF card, which replaced HDD drive. First, the complete backup was made. There were tested versions: DSA 9.400 for GO, SE 9.400 for GO, DSA 9.405, DSA 9.430 for GO, SE 9.430 for GO. Bootloader was changed into 5.5256 and was the same for all tests. Loquendo and ASR files were present. For SE versions the appropriate switches were added. The selected emulation was ONE IQ. Rating: 5
3rd June 2012, 10:37 PM #2GPS Contributor
sounds like in-compatibility to me
try another version
3rd June 2012, 10:44 PM #3
Map WCE worked until first connection to PC was done. Both maps were 4222 versions.
3rd June 2012, 10:48 PM #4GPS Contributor
it connected to Home ?
3rd June 2012, 11:04 PM #5
No, worked as standalone. Home was not active and stopped in the background too.
5th June 2012, 10:22 PM #6Join Date : Dec 2011Location : UKPosts : 117Thanks: 109
- 74 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (57)
My G0700 worked fine with 9.430 and map WE 885.4009 ... EXCEPT the bluetooth to my HTC phone... it appeared to connect, I could hear them .. but they could not hear me at all.
I've gone back to 9.051 with WE 885.4009 and all works correctly ..
I'll be putting WE 890.4222 on once it becomes available on site ..
6th June 2012, 03:27 AM #7
I have prepared fresh DSA versions of 9.051.2009 and 9.170 for my GO 700 according post of Biggerdave (greetings!!). Option "CF card" was marked.
Both maps installed. No more hanging up or resetting loops, ca 10...14 MB free memory, depending of skin.I use only basic functions - no BT, ASR, Loquendo etc.
These versions were tested with BL 5.5256 and also with original one: 5.4201
By antenna in forum TomTom Tutorials & FAQReplies: 33Last Post: 12th June 2019, 12:21 AM
By biggerdave in forum TomTom ArchiveReplies: 42Last Post: 5th May 2013, 05:52 PM
By biggerdave in forum TomTom TruckReplies: 6Last Post: 18th September 2012, 02:46 PM
By BIKER-TOM in forum TomTom ArchiveReplies: 6Last Post: 10th July 2012, 03:29 AM
By lemonfish in forum TomTom Tutorials & FAQReplies: 0Last Post: 29th December 2011, 04:49 AM