Results 1 to 2 of 2
6th August 2019, 05:52 PM #1OPJoin Date : Aug 2019Location : UKPosts : 1Thanks: 0
- 1 PostRep Power : 9Reputation : (10)
Help needed with GO 920
hello i need help to install maps to tomtom go 720
[Login or Register to remove this advertisement]
wermaxta Reviewed by wermaxta on . Help needed with GO 920 hello i need help to install maps to tomtom go 720 Rating: 5
6th August 2019, 10:08 PM #2Administrator
Join Date : Jun 2013Location : NetherlandsPosts : 1,326Thanks: 2,749
- 1,030 PostsRep Power : 50Reputation : (2353)
7 simple steps to update your device with the latest map
To update your device with the latest map, follow these simple steps:
1) VERY IMPORTANT: Connect your device to your computer via USB. Using Windows Explorer, open your TomTom drive and backup the complete contents of your TomTom.
2) Check your navcore version. You can do this either on the device menu under Version Info, or you can check the navcore version in TomTom Home when the device is connected to your computer, or by opening the ttgo.bif file with notepad.
3) Check which map is compatible with your navcore using the latest compatibility chart here:
Compatible Chart v1030 Maps by orni
4) Delete the old map folder.
5) Go to the v1030 Thread Finder: Map Thread Finder - Tomtom v1030s
Extract the map using WinRaR or similar. Copy across the new map folder into the root of the device. Make sure when you open the map folder it only contains the map files, not another folder within a folder.
6) Download the latest version of any activation tool
7) Run Activation tool TomTom drive, clicking on the first 3 options in order, waiting for each to complete:
Update meta, patch maps, patch navcore.