Results 21 to 30 of 137
16th November 2016, 10:29 PM #21
"However, this may be the perfect opportunity to discover what our new range of navigation products has to offer you."
[Login or Register to remove this advertisement]
"perfect opportunity" is not the two first words that came to my mind when i read it !!! "F*cking forced to do so" was first !
16th November 2016, 10:46 PM #22OPAdministrator
Latest official announcement:-
My apologies for the confusion here!
We're indeed doing some changes with the service availability for some of our oldest device. For devices with internal memory of 1 GB or less it'll be no longer possible to purchase new maps or services through TomTom HOME or the mapshop (as of tomorrow). This will be communicated in TomTom HOME as well as through email to the affected customers but you can also find more information, including the exact device models affected,
People with running subscriptions will of course be able to fully use their subscriptions
Maybe, just maybe they WILL remember to drop the GO 750 (W8) from the listPlease do not just post "thanks" but use the "thanks" button bottom/right or the reputation star "*" bottom/leftS i m p l e s
17th November 2016, 03:25 AM #23
GO 730 (J3)
What does ( J3 ) stand for?
17th November 2016, 04:20 AM #24Join Date : Nov 2013Location : Uk North East CoastPosts : 19Thanks: 13
- 27 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (10)
J3 is the first two digits of the serial number
17th November 2016, 04:28 AM #25Join Date : Nov 2013Location : Uk North East CoastPosts : 19Thanks: 13
- 27 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (10)
Ok so TT is dropping support for older Nav 2 models that have limited storage space, but obviously it's just a sales stunt, as they know which of their products support SD cards... Allthough never officially confirmed bootloaders for the older moders to run 2Gb> SDHC cards. But is this the end of the world? These stand alone devices should still accept 'cracked' maps, the question is, will they still update through TT home? Not the end of the world if they don't as it's only 3 months to the next map update and a lot of the map updates are wrong anyway.. And Ephem (GPS quick fix) can be installed by not using TT home... Maybe we wait and see....
17th November 2016, 04:51 AM #26
17th November 2016, 02:51 PM #27OPAdministrator
1. Your J4 is a 730 with 2GB internal so not part of this first cull.
2. The main problem I see is that as soon as these smaller devices (from this first hit list #1) stop being able to buy new maps (literally any day now) we will all be reliant on a) those with ongoing subscriptions (till they finish) to carry on sharing the metas and b) those with the 2GB or larger memories AND obviously continuing to buy/run their subscriptions until they too are culled!)
3. I think mapshare will continue for a long time yet.
4. Maybe now is the time for our REAL experts to start thinking about how to craque the newer NAV3 and NAV4 devices as that's all there will be soon.Please do not just post "thanks" but use the "thanks" button bottom/right or the reputation star "*" bottom/leftS i m p l e s
18th November 2016, 03:54 AM #28Join Date : Jul 2012Location : EspañaPosts : 305Thanks: 221
- 274 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (845)
Maps of NAV4 3D approximately 7GB, are not compatible with the old TOMTOM.
The NAV3 SI maps are compatible with the old TOMTOMs.
The solution for the maps of the old TOMTOM is in extracting them from the SD of the NAV3.
The theme started here nestOr;
Please micoSD 4GB
Someone buying a NAV3 map, eye that has microSD slot, with internal memory
Fill, (put all radars or voices) so that the new map does not enter,
When I install it with MyDrive connect follow the steps and do not continue until I tell you that there is no
Space will ask if it deletes the old map ò installs in microSD, chooses microSD, once it
Install in microSD, an SD reader connects it to the PC, if you do not have it to see what you put it,
Folder options to see hidden files will see two hidden files (in 4GB microSD), there is the
Map, if it does not know to extract I pass it by private, it contains personal data, once extracted
The map with its meta.dct, is shared, without any personal data, rusigor would extract the meta.txt
To activate it on each device.
18th November 2016, 04:26 AM #29Join Date : Dec 2011Location : UKPosts : 116Thanks: 109
- 71 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (57)
Being totally thick .. I have an original Go700 .. no idea if its NAV2 or what .. or any "V" no .. it says on the bottom GO 700 (4D00.700).. and the 700 is not mentioned in any of the lists above ....
so question 1: Is this a NAV2 device or what ??
question 2: The software has been changed (thanks to this site) so it "thinks" it is a GO 940 .. it runs Navcore 9.051.503855 which enables me to update maps, currently running Europe West 975.7685 so is it now a NAV2 device or what .. GO 940 not in any of the above lists
question 3: If folks can't purchase map updates and thus obtain the meta codes, does it mean that the whole update part of this site will slowly die away ??
Sorry for being so thick .... I've had 65 years practise at it and am now getting pretty good at it !!
18th November 2016, 06:25 PM #30OPAdministrator
1. Yes a GO 700 is a NAV2 device but doesn't appear on the first hit list because you have 2.5Gb internal (hard-drive)
2. Your devices serial number (which is "M5...") dictates if you can buy new maps or not (nothing to do with patched navcores etc) and currently you still can because a) it's not on the list & b) because it has greater than 1GB internal memory (irrespective of if it had an SD slot or not)
3. Yes, when they add the rest of the greater than 1GB internal memory devices to the list (within weeks/months, who know?) AND when all our current subscriptions expire
So....anyone who can still buy maps should seriously consider doing so pretty damned quick and with a long subscription too. Remember you can buy one 18 month subscription then (within a few days) buy a further 18 months which will automatically be added to the end of the current subscription!!
65? bloody youngsters! (68 and counting slowly)Please do not just post "thanks" but use the "thanks" button bottom/right or the reputation star "*" bottom/leftS i m p l e s