Results 1 to 9 of 9
15th April 2019, 08:35 AM #1OP
Parrot smart radio Andriod tomtom
Hi i have try to install tomtom Custom MAPS SpeedCams Included TomTom 1.4 APK And 1025 Custom MAPS SpeedCams Included
[Login or Register to remove this advertisement]
but when i try to starte it up tomtom said please check your network settings and try again someone knows why or maybe its the not the right tomtom i useicecool_denmark Reviewed by icecool_denmark on . Parrot smart radio Andriod tomtom Hi i have try to install tomtom Custom MAPS SpeedCams Included TomTom 1.4 APK And 1025 Custom MAPS SpeedCams Included but when i try to starte it up tomtom said please check your network settings and try again someone knows why or maybe its the not the right tomtom i use Rating: 5
15th April 2019, 09:51 PM #2Tomtom Master
This is normal if the app can't find your files.
This app will work on devices that have never and will never connect to the Internet.
This graph I produced some years ago demonstrates a New Zealand map working with a Europe app.
The file layout is the same for all countries and 1.3 / 1.4 apps.
If you don't have a SD card it works off internal memory.
Maybe it will help :-
Last edited by TomTom13E; 15th April 2019 at 09:55 PM.
16th April 2019, 12:05 AM #3OP
ok i try this but where do you add the folder files and . metadata,xml same place like they other files
16th April 2019, 01:11 AM #4OP
Hi again i have try this sdhc:\Android\data\com.tomtom.europe\files\files
and i also try the other model and its still the same :-( i use sd card
16th April 2019, 02:08 AM #5Tomtom Master
Lets try and home in on the problem.
Which Android operating system do you have ?
The bad news :- Most people have trouble getting in car units working.
The good news :- Most people get there in the end.
16th April 2019, 08:50 AM #6OP
Hi again i have just check my Android operating system its 2.3.7 :-) and when i put my sd card in my parrot smart radio i can see it create a folder " data "
so it look like this D:\Android\data\com.tomtom.europe\files
Last edited by icecool_denmark; 16th April 2019 at 09:24 AM.
16th April 2019, 09:38 PM #7Tomtom Master
1. Uninstall your existing app and delete all remnants of the existing installation.
2. Install the 1.3 app. (I sent a link to it by private message).
3. Run the app.
4. If you you get an error message with the word "Stopped" in it give up all hope now. You have Marshmallow or higher installed.
5. If you get an error message with "No maps found". that is great news.
6. Shut down the app. You will need to go into app manager and force close.
7. Have a look on your SD card. You should find about 40 Folders / Files installed as in the graphic in post 2. Make a note of which one.
8. Uninstall the app and remove all remnants of the existing installation.
9. Copy all the 1.4 files to the SD card location you noted above. Take care to put the .metadata.xml in the correct place.
10. Install the 1.4 app and run it.
Hopefully you should now have a fully working app.
17th April 2019, 01:02 AM #8OP
ok so far so good its said no map found :-)
Last edited by icecool_denmark; 17th April 2019 at 01:18 AM.
17th April 2019, 01:35 PM #9OP
Now i have try both setup and its still said please check your network settings and try again when i run 1.4
when i try apk 1.3 its just said no maps found so im very lost now :-(