Results 1 to 2 of 2
24th February 2012, 07:24 PM #1OPAndroid Releaser
ContributorJoin Date : Mar 2011Posts : 38Thanks: 21
- Thanked 83 Times in 23 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (94)
BaseCamp for Mac
BaseCamp for Mac
Free Trip-planning Software
released date: 10 February 2012 Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp, software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device.
- BaseCamp is a 3D mapping application that allows you to transfer Garmin Custom Maps, BirdsEye Imagery, waypoints, tracks, and routes between your Mac and Garmin device. It allows you to manage your data on practically all Garmin map products, but topographic maps are required for 3-D rendering.
- Features include:
Transfer waypoints, geocaches, routes, and tracks to and from your GPS device.
Create, view, edit, and organize waypoints, routes, and tracks.
Find places, such as addresses, points of interest, and public land survey areas included in your detailed map data.
Download, display, and transfer BirdsEye imagery to supported devices.
Import, display and transfer Garmin Custom Maps to supported devices.
Printing the map, driving directions, and route and track profiles
View in Google Earth
Advanced geocache support
Integrated support for publishing photos online
Track and route play back
Exchange custom waypoint symbols with selected devices
- System Requirements:
[Login or Register to remove this advertisement]
Intel based Mac running OS 10.5.8 or higher.
1024 MB RAM (2048 MB recommended)
Changes made from version 3.2.2 to 3.3.1:
- Added Detailed Data table view for user data.
- Added shaping point support. Shaping points are not announced when you reach them. (Note that not all devices will support this feature.)
- Improved graphing of track data.
- Added display settings to adjust width of routes and tracks.
- Added support for importing waypoints and tracks from KML/KMZ files.
- Added ability for smart lists to follow any or all criteria.
- Added ability to drag URL from browser to the waypoint or track Link field.
- Added waypoint category to the waypoint dialog. This is synced with newer devices that support waypoint categories.
- Added contact and address info to the waypoint dialog.
- Added grade to the track dialog.
- Added notes and multiple link support to the track dialog.
- Improved printing of routes.
- Fixed issues with sending routes to the zumo.
- Fixed issue when duplicating a route. BaseCamp will now also duplicate the waypoints in that route.
- Added more activity profiles, with improved activity routing on supported maps.
- Added specific avoidances for various road classes, removed the road selection slider.
- Added ability to create custom activity profiles.
- Made activity selectable from relevant preference pages.
- Converting activity profiles where vehicle doesn't match the default for the profile to a custom activity profile.
- Changed to read all GPX files on a memory card, similar to how devices behave.
- Added the ability to create OpenCaching.com geocaches from a geocache or waypoint.
- Changed notifications from pop-ups to less obtrusive notifications.
- Added ability to use a key to temporarily switch to the hand tool. Defaults to the space key.
- Added ability to switch the behavior of mouse-scrolling between zooming and panning the map.
- Fixed an issue where reading data from fitness device caused BaseCamp to crash.
- Fixed an issue with importing certain GPX files with geocaches.
- Fixed an issue where downloading BirdsEye could cause BaseCamp to crash.
- Fixed crash that could occur when ejecting a device.
- Fixed issue where Undo and holding the Alt Key would terminate the current route creation using the Route Tool.
- Fixed zumo 5x0 and 4x0 route transfer issues. (Note that this may cause route transfer issues on the zumo 660. A future firmware update on the 660 will address this issue.)
Amar Reviewed by Amar on . BaseCamp for Mac BaseCamp for Mac Free Trip-planning Software version 3.3.1 released date: 10 February 2012 Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp, software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. Download (http://www8.garmin.com/software/BaseCampforMac_331.dmg) (66.54 MB) Available in the Mac App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/app/garmin-basecamp/id411052274) (42.5 MB) Notes: Rating: 5
- Click on 'Download' and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Double-click the file to open it.
- A new Finder window will open. Locate and double-click on the 'Garmin BaseCamp' icon.
- Follow the installer program's prompts to install Garmin BaseCamp.
24th May 2018, 12:05 AM #2Join Date : Jun 2017Location : EuropePosts : 147Thanks: 15
- Thanked 463 Times in 89 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (271)
BaseCamp for Mac software version 4.7.0
as of May 20, 2018
Download (104.41 MB)
Changes made from version 4.6.3 to 4.7.0:
- Updated BaseCamp to conform to GDPR requirements
- Improved MTP device support
- Removed online components of Garmin Adventures
- Removed Garmin Cloud Drive support
- Removed Garmin Connect find and upload
- Removed Picassa photo sharing
- Improved stability
By Genius3 in forum Garmin's Software & ToolsReplies: 0Last Post: 9th August 2018, 05:36 AM
By Genius3 in forum Garmin's Software & ToolsReplies: 0Last Post: 24th May 2018, 12:14 AM
By Genius3 in forum Garmin's Software & ToolsReplies: 0Last Post: 24th May 2018, 12:10 AM
By biggerdave in forum TomTom Open Tools & TweaksReplies: 3Last Post: 22nd February 2013, 11:01 PM
By Mobile_Guru in forum Garmin's Software & ToolsReplies: 1Last Post: 6th March 2011, 03:25 PM